You are here
With the generous support of an outside donor, Spertus Institute is, in specific cases, able to provide scholarships — through Midcareer Fellowships — to qualified students beginning the Master of Arts in Jewish Professional Studies (MAJPS) program during specific time periods. The full cost of the two year program is $16,500. Midcareer Fellows will receive a tuition reduction of 45% ($7,425) bringing the cost of the entire program to just over $9,000. Additional scholarship support may also be available. Please discuss options with the Director of Enrollment Management. Fellows are also eligible to receive up to $750 annually towards the costs of a professional development program related to their respective field.
Eligibility Requirements for Students Receiving Fellowships
Fellowships will be awarded to students who have been accepted into the MAJPS program and meet these additional criteria:
- Current employment in a Jewish organization (15 hours per week minimum)
- Commitment to the field of Jewish communal service
- Commitment to successfully completing the MAJPS program coursework over a two-year period
- Satisfactory in-person interview designed to assess commitment to the field and to successful program completion
- Professional recommendation
Fellowship funds are limited and will be awarded to qualified students admitted at times when Fellowship funds are available.
How to Apply for the Midcareer Fellowship
- Complete the Midcareer Fellowship Application.
- Submit one letter of recommendation from current or former employer at a Jewish agency indicating strong likelihood of success in the program.
- Complete a personal interview with MAJPS leadership regarding commitment and capacity for successful completion of the two-year program.
Submit application and letter of recommendation to:
Director of Enrollment Management
610 S. Michigan Avenue
Chicago, IL 60605-1901