You are here
Spertus Institute for Jewish Learning and Leadership is pleased to announce the Midcareer Fellowships.
With the generous support of an outside donor, Spertus is able to provide scholarships to qualified students who begin the Master of Arts in Jewish Professional Studies (MAJPS) program in Spring 2014. The full cost of the two year program is $15,000. Midcareer Fellows will receive a tuition reduction of $6,750, equal to 45% of the total tuition. When combined with the Spertus scholarship available to MAJPS students, the student’s share of the remaining tuition for the entire program is $4,500.
Eligibility Requirements for Students Receiving Fellowships
Fellowships will be awarded to students who have been accepted into the MAJPS program and meet these additional criteria:
- Minimum of three years of experience in a Jewish communal setting
- Commitment to the field of Jewish communal service
- Commitment to successfully completing the MAJPS program coursework over a two year period
- Satisfactory in-person interview designed to assess commitment to the field and to successful program completion
- Professional recommendation
- Agreement to participate in Midcareer Fellows Annual Conference (expenses covered)
Fellowship funds are limited and will be awarded to qualified admitted students on a first-come, first-served basis.
How to Apply
- Complete Midcareer Fellowship Application.
- Submit one letter of recommendation from current or former employer at a Jewish agency indicating strong likelihood of success in the program.
- Complete a personal interview with MAJPS leadership regarding commitment and capacity for successful completion of the two-year program.
Submit application and letter of recommendation to:
Director of Enrollment Management
610 S. Michigan Avenue
Chicago, IL 60605-1901