You are here
Program Coordinator, JCC Chicago
Program Coordinator, JCC Chicago
Program Coordinator, Children and Family Engagement
Chicago IL 60657
POSTED December 17, 2014
DEADLINE January 17 , 2015
JCC Chicago enriches lives and builds community through dynamic, inspiring experiences. JCC Chicago is the largest JCC system in North America, with more than 800 staff in over 15 diverse locations across the metropolitan area. Our core offerings include Early Childhood Education, Children and Family Engagement Programs, J at School, Sports and Recreation, Aquatics, Adult Programs, Day Camps and Overnight Camp.
As an integral member of the Children & Family Engagement team, the Program Coordinator is responsible for the execution and daily administration, supervision, and support for a variety of JCC programs throughout the Chicagoland area.
- Serve as lead and direct staff for all Vacation Day in the Lakeview and surrounding neighborhood (approx 30 program days per year).
- Serve as on site facilitator of got shabbat? programs across the city (approximately 10-15 per year).
- Serve as on site facilitator for Friday at JCC programs at FGHJCC (approximately 8 per year).
- Assist in the implementation of additional family programming/public space programs (ie: Hanukkah Happening, Character Breakfasts, Purim carnival, etc) (Approx 5-6 per year).
- Be actively present and provide hands on, direct service support as needed.
- Manage logistics of got Shabbat? (at all locations), 3rd Friday’s (at FGHJCC) programs, effectively implementing and distributing schedules, materials and supplies.
- Work closely with Program Managers to market programs to the community.
- Work with Program Managers and Department Director to ensure program planning and results are in line with budget expectations.
- Ensure proper completion and accuracy of all Vacation Day paperwork including time sheets, space requests, staff communication, sign- in sheets, child information sheets and roster audits.
- Maintain consistent personal contact with parents and families: answer questions and ensure customers know avenues available to them to provide feedback.
- Work with supervisor to address customer feedback, evaluate program success and make any appropriate adjustments.
- Hire, train and supervise part time program staff.
- Work closely and seamlessly with staff across departments to develop program offerings that enrich lives and build community in the city.
- Work with part time staff to ensure understanding of site requirements and agency policies.
- Work with synagogues and other community partners to develop partnerships.
- Actively pursue an understanding of JCC programs; steward families through agency offerings providing the right contact and follow up opportunities.
Bachelors degree in Education, Recreation or Social Work with previous experience coordinating and implementing programs for families and children required; Jewish programming experience preferred. Budget development and management helpful; a high level of proficiency using Microsoft Office Suite with strong written and oral communication skills a must!
The ideal candidate will have a strong track record of program facilitation and customer service success and a demonstrated interest in building a career in Jewish communal services. Candidates must have access to a car and be willing and able to travel to various program sites in the city and northern suburbs.
If interested in this position, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.