You are here
Desktop Support Specialist
Desktop Support Specialist
Spertus Institute seeks a Desktop Support Specialist for its Information Technology Department.
About the Position
The Desktop Support Specialist is responsible for installing, configuring, troubleshooting, and maintaining the Microsoft Windows and Mac OS desktop and notebook computers, as well as associated peripherals including iPads and including cell phones. The Desktop Support Specialist will report to the Director of Technology and will work closely with other members of the technology department to support all end users including staff, faculty, students, and Spertus clients.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (Other duties may be assigned)
- Set up, maintain, and troubleshoot Microsoft Windows and
Apple Mac OS
- Install, maintain, and troubleshoot software including but not limited to Anti-Virus software, MS Office, Adobe products, and financial and fund raising applications
- Set up, maintain and end-user client computers and peripherals
- Set up and configure network printers, scanners, and other peripherals
- Document issue resolution via email and Help Desk software
- Maintain inventory of all hardware and software resources and parts
- Maintain excellent communication with all end users and other members of the IT department
- Work with outside vendors as needed
- Execute other assigned tasks as delegated by the Director of Technology
Necessary Skills and Abilities
- Ability to clearly communicate technical concepts to non-technical people
- Ability to recognize, analyze, and effectively solve problems in a timely and organized manner using industry best practices and procedures
- Familiarity with administration of with Microsoft 365 Office/Exchange Online and ADFS
- Experience using Microsoft Powershell scripting language
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
Required Education and/or Experience
The successful candidate will have the following experience or knowledge in the following areas:
- 2+ years setup, configuration, troubleshooting of desktop/notebook hardware and software
(Windows and Mac OS)
- Windows and Mac OS desktops and notebooks, as well as IOS devices, in a networked environment
- Microsoft Office 2010/13 and 2011
- Outlook 2010/13 and 2011
- Some knowledge of TCP/IP networking and related network services (i.e. DNS, SMTP, DHCP, etc)
- Some knowledge of Active Directory concepts and administration
- Must be physically able to lift up to 30 pounds
- Experience working in a structured, process-driven environment
- Previous work in an academic environment
- Experience supporting Outlook in a Microsoft Exchange environment
- Experience supporting a variety of WiFi-enabled devices
- Experience supporting remote users
To apply, please send cover letter, resume, and three references to:
Director of Information Technology
Spertus Institute for Jewish Learning and Leadership
610 S. Michigan Avenue
Chicago, IL 60605-1901
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE
Outstanding applicants will be contacted for an interview.
Spertus Institute is an equal opportunity employer.
ABOUT SPERTUS INSTITUTE FOR JEWISH LEARNING AND LEADERSHIP
Spertus Institute offers dynamic learning opportunities, rooted in Jewish wisdom and culture and open to all. Graduate programs and workshops train future leaders and engage individuals in exploration of Jewish life. Public programs — including films, speakers, seminars, and concerts — take place at the Institute's Michigan Avenue facility, in the Chicago suburbs, and online. For more information, please visit spertus.edu.
Spertus Institute is a partner in serving the community, supported by the Jewish United Fund/Jewish Federation of Metropolitan Chicago.