You are here
Spertus Institute for Jewish Learning and Leadership offers dynamic learning opportunities rooted in Jewish wisdom and culture. We promote personal growth, train future leaders and engage individuals in the exploration of Jewish life. The Office Coordinator supports administrative functions across the Institution and works with all departments to support the efficient development and implementation of programs and support structures.
- Spertus front office reception, including responsible for box office line, answering/transferring general calls, greeting visitors, faculty and students.
- Maintains office operations and procedures (including ordering office supplies, mailroom, box office, internal room requests & schedules, etc.)
- Managing Spertus programs and internal meetings, which includes material preparation, speaker coordination, catering and room booking.
- Provides backup for all core administrative functions, filing, correspondence & supporting the Executive Assistant to the President of the Institute.
- Oversees Institute correspondence, contracts, record keeping and retention, filing, and supply requisitions.
- Works closely with all departments on regular activities and as needed on special projects, initiatives and a range of reports.
- Academics and Public Programs:
1) Coordinates meetings (food, room booking signage)
2) Prepares faculty and student materials including transcripts, seminar packets, class handouts, etc.
3) Runs all box office events and class registrations.
4) Responds to Box Office phone line, sells tickets online and on the phone and prepares box office reports for accounting.
5) Prepares calendar listings and communicates with public program presenters on logistics.
- At least 3 years of experience in office administrative
- Outstanding attention to detail
- A self-starter and good team player
- Excellent writing, communications, and interpersonal skills
- Event management experience
- Able to work well with diverse constituents, including donors, Trustees, philanthropists and adult students
- Expertise in Microsoft Office Suite of applications, Eventbrite, Raiser’s Edge, GradPro Reserve helpful.
- Able to multi-task
Primary Reporting Line: Director of Operations
Competitive Compensation. Benefits include vacation, dental insurance, retirement savings plan, sick leave, Jewish and secular holidays.
Please send cover letter, current resume, and three references to:
Director of Operations
Please do not include your cover letter, resume, or references in the body of the email. Send them as attachments in Word or PDF format. The subject header should read, “Application for Office Coordinator.”
Spertus Institute for Jewish Learning and Leadership
610 S. Michigan Avenue, Chicago, IL 60605-1901
NO PHONE CALLS, PLEASE.
Outstanding applicants will be contacted for an interview.
Spertus Institute is an equal opportunity employer.
Founded in 1924, Spertus Institute is a 501c3 whose mission is to create dynamic learning opportunities, rooted in Jewish wisdom and culture, that enable personal growth and the development of future community leaders.
Graduate programs and professional workshops are offered in the Chicago area, in select locations across North America and in Israel, and through distance learning. Public programs — including films, speakers, seminars, concerts, and exhibits — are offered at the Institute’s Michigan Avenue facility, in the Chicago suburbs, and online.
An icon in Chicago and the Jewish community, Spertus Institute has evolved from a college of Jewish studies to a nationally recognized museum and today, to its primary focus as an adult Jewish learning institute and center for Jewish leadership training. As an educational nonprofit, Spertus Institute relies on funding from individual donors, private foundations, and grants, in addition to tuition and other areas of earned revenue.