You are here
Donor Marketing Account Executive, Rotary
Donor Marketing Account Executive, Rotary
Donor Marketing, Account Executive
Evanston IL 60201
POSTED December 29, 2014
DEADLINE January 29, 2015
At Rotary the Account Executive is a member of the account management team and reports to the Marketing Manager in the Communications and Marketing department. This individual is the liaison between the Marketing team and Foundation Business Unit and is responsible for the development and implementation of the donor marketing plan in support of the business unit’s strategic objectives and goals. He or she will work with the Foundation team to develop strategies and plans to drive new donors and enhance existing donor relationships in addition to supporting Foundation events, programs, services and tools.
Rotary is 1.2 million inspired business and professional leaders, in 34,000 Rotary clubs and more than 200 geographical areas united daily across cultures and occupations addressing illiteracy, disease, hunger, poverty, and lack of clean water. The fervent idea exchange celebrates diverse perspectives and facilitates positive change. Passion and engagement abound at Rotary International. In exchange for hard work and dedication, our employees are rewarded with competitive salaries, flexible schedules, comprehensive benefits, and job enrichment. We offer all this and more. Come join us. Visit www.rotary.org to learn more.
- Spearheads the development and execution of marketing communication plans with alignment between business issues, strategies and tactics
- Demonstrates effective day-to-day leadership of the account team in terms of direction, opportunity identification and guidance
- Knows the brand and business objectives inside and out, and is able to clearly communicate a point of view regarding strategic issues relevant to the development of marketing plans
- Immerses self in internal account’s business and not only champions stellar, business-building ideas but knows how to effectively collaborate in order to bring those ideas to life
- Establishes effective balance of advisory and advocacy skills with business unit and account team delivering recommendations for programs, big ideas, incremental donations, and seeks opportunities to continually strengthen quality of business unit relations.
- Develops project and creative briefs in collaboration with other teams such as membership, fundraising, design, editorial, language services, etc.
- Prioritizes all account activities to achieve optimum efficiency and profitability
- Works with team to ensure all work is accurate, delivered on time and budget
- Develop and manage marketing budget
- Understands the objectives and outcomes of common market research methodologies
- Ability to develop strategic insights from market research as well as develop KPI benchmarks for recommended marketing programs
- Identifies opportunities to help grow direct reports and advance them to the next level
- Previous experience working at an advertising or marketing agency or within a client side marketing environment (Global marketing experience a plus)
- Has 4-6 years of relevant industry experience
- Has charisma, a positive attitude, adaptability and the ability to multi-task
- Is subjective, resourceful and quick-thinking
- Demonstrates effective communication, is a strategic thinker and possesses creative problem-solving skills
- Has excellent oral, written, interpersonal and analytical skills
- Possesses an integrated marketing background with online/offline expertise
- Knowledge about latest industry trends
- Excellent organizational and project management skills—ability to multi task and manage cross functional teams
- Proven ability to lead and inspire a team
- High comfort level working on complex and sometimes ambiguous tasks
- Ability to work with and manage outside consultants and agencies as needed
- Has earned a bachelor’s degree
- Philanthropic membership or donor marketing background desired
- PC proficiency including advanced Word, Excel and PowerPoint experience
- Second language skills desirable
- Ability to travel (10%)
If interested in this position, please visit this webpage.