You are here
Holocaust Subject Guide
Holocaust Subject Guide
Learn more about the Holocaust by exploring these suggested resources:
Books Available in the Asher Library
- Encountering the Holocaust: An Interdisciplinary Survey. Eds. Byron L. Sherwin and Susan G. Ament. Chicago; New York: Impact Press, 1979.
- Bauer, Yehuda. Rethinking the Holocaust. New Haven, CT: Yale University Press, 2001.
- Dawidowicz, Lucy S. The War Against the Jews, 1933—1945. Toronto; New York: Bantam Books, 1986.
- Dwork, Deborah. Holocaust: A History. New York : Norton, 2002.
- Edelheit, Hershel and Edelheit, Abraham J. A World in Turmoil: An Integrated Chronology of the Holocaust and World War II. New York: Greenwood Press, 1991.
- Hilberg, Raul. The Destruction of the European Jews. New York: Holmes & Meier, 1985.
- The Holocaust Encyclopedia. Ed. Walter Laqueur. London; New Haven: Yale University Press, 2001.
- The Nazi Holocaust: Historical Articles on the Destruction of European Jews. Ed. Michael R. Marrus. Westport: Meckler, 1989.
- Remembering for the Future: The Holocaust in an Age of Genocide. Ed. John K. Roth and Elisabeth Maxwell. Houndmills; New York: Palgrave, 2001.
Periodicals Available in the Asher Library
Holocaust and Genocide Studies
*Full Text:06/02/2002 to present (with a 12 Month delay) through
Jewish Studies Source availble through EBSCOhost
Jerusalem Yad Vashem Magazine
Martyrdom and Resistance (newspaper)
Yad Vashem Studies
Spertus Digital Resources
- Read a brief essay on the Holocaust by Dr. Elliot Lefkovitz, Professor of Jewish History and Holocaust Studies at Spertus.
- The Inextinguishable Symphony — Hear audio from a Spertus lecture by commentator and author Martin Goldsmith held on April 11, 2010. It brings to light the Jüdischer Kulturbund, an extraordinary collection of Jewish artists who performed for Jewish audiences in Germany between 1933 and 1941.
- Auschwitz Museum Exhibits
- Czestochowa-Radomsko Area Research Group — A search engine that gives access to one of the largest collections of archival Holocaust data on the web
- Fortunoff Video Archive for Holocaust Testimonies at Yale University
- The Holocaust — Jewish Virtual Library
- Holocaust Encyclopedia — United States Holocaust Memorial Museum
- List of Holocaust Victims Names for Readings — Holocaust Memorial Day Trust
- Simon Wiesenthal Center Multi-Media Learning Center
- United States Holocaust Memorial Museum Collections and Archives
- Yizkor Books NYPL — Digitized Holocaust memorial books
- Yizkor Book Project from JewishGen — Resources for locating and accessing, including some translations of Yizkor books
- Yad Vashem Digital Collections