You are here
Executive MA in Jewish Professional Studies
This accelerated program is for Jewish communal executives with 12+ years in the field. Participants from across North America learn to leverage opportunity, inspire excellence in staff and trustees, and lead through times of change.
You learn along with a team of fellow Jewish organizational execs from across North America. Graduates rate the lasting guidance, support, and insights of their cohort among the most valuable aspects of the program.
Top Tier Faculty
Professors are real-world practitioners who impart leadership solutions drawn from their extensive nonprofit, foundation, and corporate experience. They include some of the leading voices in Jewish communal life today.
Customized for Your Needs
Program components — including leadership assessment, executive coaching, and an individual capstone project—ensure that your Spertus Institute experience meets your specific personal and professional goals.
The Spertus Executive MAJPS program can be completed in approximately 18 months because your professional experience counts toward one year of graduate credit.
For a limited time, tuition is only $8,500, because generous fellowships cover approximately 60% of the total cost for professionals working full-time in the Jewish community.
Application Deadline is October 3, 2022
Cohort begins with an onsite seminar at Spertus Institute, January 8-10, 2023.
Taught in a welcoming, pluralistic environment
- Instruction takes place during three-day seminars at our downtown Chicago campus and online
- Additional mini-sessions address current and emerging issues
- Material has immediate application
- Complete your degree in approximately 18 months
- Program overview >
EMAJPS Fits Your Schedule
Designed for busy professionals, the seminar format allows you to balance participation with your personal and professional responsibilities.
Steven Greenwood shares how the program fit his needs.
Previous Executive Coaches
- Laura Kaufman, CEO
Partners in Effective Philanthropy
- Sharon Krohn, Master Certified Coach
(MCC) and Principal
Sharon Krohn Consulting
- Russ Rogers, Emeritus Director of Graduate
Programs School for New Learning, DePaul University
- Gary Rosenblatt, Editor and Publisher
- Jeffrey Solomon, Past President
Andrea and Charles Bronfman Philanthropies
- Gary Weinstein, Former CEO
Jewish Federation of Greater Dallas
- Amy Wishnick, Principal
Wishnick and Associates
- Caren Yanis, Consultant and Past President, Crown Family Philanthropies, Former Executive Director, Oprah Winfrey Foundations
Students in the MAJPS program learn to:
- Understand key themes in Jewish communal life historically and today
- Understand key themes and best practices of nonprofit management and leadership related to Jewish communal work
- Demonstrate skill in reading, contextualizing, and interpreting key documents, resources, and sources for Jewish professional work and Jewish Studies
- Demonstrate effective framing and communicating in a professional setting
- Effectively merge and apply Judaica knowledge and professional skills
Spertus Institute’s Center for Jewish Leadership is supported in part by a generous grant from the Crown Family. We are grateful for their support.
Spertus Institute is accredited by the
Higher Learning Commission
230 South LaSalle Street, Suite 7-500
Chicago, IL 60604.