You are here
Executive MA in Jewish Professional Studies
This accelerated program is for Jewish communal executives with 12+ years in the field. Participants from across North America learn to leverage opportunity, inspire excellence in staff and trustees, and lead through times of change.
You learn along with a team of fellow Jewish organizational execs from across North America. Graduates rate the lasting guidance, support, and insights of their cohort among the most valuable aspects of the program.
Top Tier Faculty
Professors are real-world practitioners who impart leadership solutions drawn from their extensive nonprofit, foundation, and corporate experience. They include some of the leading voices in Jewish communal life today.
Customized for Your Needs
Program components — including leadership assessment, executive coaching, and an individual capstone project—ensure that your Spertus Institute experience meets your specific personal and professional goals.
The Spertus Executive MAJPS program can be completed in approximately 18 months because your professional experience counts toward one year of graduate credit.
Generous fellowships available to cover nearly 60% of costs for qualified students.
- September 1, 2023 — Preferred Admission Deadline
- October 16, 2023 — Final Application Deadline
- January 14-18, 2024 — Program begins with seminar at Spertus
Taught in a welcoming, pluralistic environment
- Instruction takes place during five-day seminars at our downtown Chicago campus and online
- Material has immediate application
- Complete your degree in approximately 18 months
- Program overview >
EMAJPS Fits Your Schedule
Designed for busy professionals, the seminar format allows you to balance participation with your personal and professional responsibilities.
Steven Greenwood shares how the program fit his needs.
Previous Executive Coaches
- Laura Kaufman, CEO
Partners in Effective Philanthropy
- Sharon Krohn, Master Certified Coach
(MCC) and Principal
Sharon Krohn Consulting
- Russ Rogers, Emeritus Director of Graduate
Programs School for New Learning, DePaul University
- Gary Rosenblatt, Editor and Publisher
- Jeffrey Solomon, Past President
Andrea and Charles Bronfman Philanthropies
- Gary Weinstein, Former CEO
Jewish Federation of Greater Dallas
- Amy Wishnick, Principal
Wishnick and Associates
- Caren Yanis, Consultant and Past President, Crown Family Philanthropies, Former Executive Director, Oprah Winfrey Foundations
MA in Jewish Professional Studies students learn to:
- Understand the key themes in Jewish communal life today
- Possess a grounding in classical Jewish thought and texts in these areas
- Understand the best practices in non-profit management that most affect Jewish communal work
- Develop skills for critical self-reflection and career planning
- Integrate theory and practice in the professional environment
- Learn to work constructively with a diverse group of constituents and colleagues
Spertus Institute’s Center for Jewish Leadership is supported in part by a generous grant from the Crown Family. We are grateful for their support.
Spertus Institute is accredited by the
Higher Learning Commission
230 South LaSalle Street, Suite 7-500
Chicago, IL 60604.