You are here
This unique program is for Jewish communal executives with 12+ years in the field. Participants from across North America learn to leverage opportunity, inspire excellence in staff and trustees, and lead through times of change.
You learn along with a team of fellow Jewish organizational execs from across North America. Graduates rate the lasting guidance, support, and insights of their cohort among the most valuable aspects of the program.
Top Tier Faculty
Professors are real-world practitioners who impart leadership solutions drawn from their extensive nonprofit, foundation, and corporate experience. They include some of the leading voices in Jewish communal life today.
Customized for Your Needs
Program components — including leadership assessment, executive coaching, and an individual capstone project—ensure that your Spertus Institute experience meets your specific personal and professional goals.
The Spertus Executive MAJPS program can be completed in approximately 18 months because your professional experience counts toward one year of graduate credit.
For a limited time, tuition is only $8,500, because generous fellowships cover approximately 60% of the total cost for professionals working full-time in the Jewish community.
- June 9, 2021—Preferred admission deadline ($50 application fee waived)
- June 30, 2021—Final admission deadline
- September 14, 2021—Orientation
- October 17, 2021—Courses begin
Taught in a welcoming, pluralistic environment
- Instruction takes place during seven 3-day seminars at our downtown Chicago campus (when safe to learn together in person) or online
- Additional mini-sessions address current and emerging issues
- Material has immediate application
- Complete your degree in approximately 18 months
- Program overview >
EMAJPS Fits Your Schedule
Designed for busy professionals, the seminar format allows you to balance participation with your personal and professional responsibilities.
Steven Greenwood shares how the program fit his needs.
Previous Executive Coaches
- Laura Kaufman, CEO
Partners in Effective Philanthropy
- Sharon Krohn, Master Certified Coach
(MCC) and Principal
Sharon Krohn Consulting
- Russ Rogers, Emeritus Director of Graduate
Programs School for New Learning, DePaul University
- Gary Rosenblatt, Editor and Publisher
- Jeffrey Solomon, Past President
Andrea and Charles Bronfman Philanthropies
- Gary Weinstein, Former CEO
Jewish Federation of Greater Dallas
- Amy Wishnick, Principal
Wishnick and Associates
- Caren Yanis, Consultant and Past President, Crown Family Philanthropies, Former Executive Director, Oprah Winfrey Foundations
Students in the MAJPS program learn to:
- Understand key themes in Jewish communal life historically and today
- Possess a grounding in classical Jewish thinking and texts
- Understand the best practices in nonprofit management including how they affect Jewish communal work
- Develop skills for critical self-reflection and career planning, aided by work with an executive coach
- Integrate theory and practice in the professional environment
- Learn to work constructively with diverse groups of constituents and colleagues
Spertus Institute’s Center for Jewish Leadership is supported in part by a generous grant from the Crown Family. We are grateful for their support.
Spertus Institute is accredited by the
Higher Learning Commission
230 South LaSalle Street, Suite 7-500
Chicago, IL 60604.