You are here
MA in Jewish Professional Studies NA4
MA in Jewish Professional Studies NA4
Spertus Institute announces the newest cohort of its MA in Jewish Professional Studies program
Chicago-based Spertus Institute for Jewish Learning & Leadership provides targeted training for the professionals who work for Jewish organizations across North America.
Key among Spertus Institute’s leadership programs is the MA in Jewish Professional Studies program, an acclaimed graduate program in which students gain the skills to advance both their careers and communities. Graduates bring new competencies, creativity, and credentials to organizations across the spectrum of Jewish life.
It is our pleasure to announce the 16 Jewish community professionals of the fourth North American cohort of the MA in Jewish Professional Studies program.
MA in Jewish Professional Studies—North American Cohort 4
- Julia Barron, Springboard Fellow, Hillel Council of New England, Allston, MA
- Joel Bond, Associate Director, Alums for Campus Fairness, Laurel, MD
- Leigh Chaves, Israel Engagement and Outreach Director, Jewish Federation of Omaha, Omaha, NE
- Samantha Goldberg, Director of Education, Nathan and Esther Pelz Holocaust Education Resource Center, Milwaukee, WI
- Veronica Grady, Program Director, Vanderbilt Hillel, Nashville, TN
- Brandi Hunter, Middle School Teacher, Ann and Nate Levine Academy, Flower Mound, TX
- Ehud Klinger, Operations Director, Congregation Shomrei Emunah, Montclair, NJ
- Ethan Lane-Miller, Associate Camp Director, Shalom Austin, Austin, TX
- Sierra Lautman, Director of Jewish Innovation, United Jewish Federation of Tidewater, Virginia Beach, VA
- Anasazi Levy, Campus Marketing & Development Manager, Hillel International, Washington, DC
- Joshua Lutch, Member Experience Specialist, JCC Greater Boston, Farmington, MA
- Pamela Partridge, Marketing & Communications Manager, Jewish Federation of San Antonio, San Antonio, TX
- Daniel Reinglass, Director of Fundraising Events & Systems, American Jewish Joint Distribution Committee, New York, NY
- Brett Richman, Branch Director, United Synagogue of Conservative Judaism, Philadelphia, PA
- Rabbi Kyle Savitch, Rabbi, Kehillat Harlem, New York, NY
- Haley Schulman, Director of Project Zug, Hadar, New York, NY
Together, these students will learn from skilled faculty members with extensive real-world experience. Coursework bridges theory and practice, providing content that students can immediately apply in their work. The thirty-month-long program includes both synchronous online learning and in-person seminars at Spertus Institute’s award-winning downtown Chicago campus.
The cohort system fosters a network of colleagues who work closely with each other throughout the program — and often serve as resources for each other throughout their careers. Alyssa Dickman, Director of Spertus Institute’s Center for Jewish Leadership, worked with incoming students last week during the seminar that launched their program. She said, “It’s been a pleasure to see these enthusiastic professionals come together, sharing their ideas, goals, and the challenges they encounter in their careers. As a group, they bring a wealth of experiences from organizations across the Jewish nonprofit sector — and they are embracing the opportunity to learn from each other, as well as with each other.”
Echoing that sentiment, cohort member Sierra Lautman commented, “Being able to spend this time learning from peers and brilliant teachers has filled my cup. I am thrilled that this is how I get to spend the next 2.5 years!”
As this cohort begins, the application period is now open for next North American cohort, which will begin in October 2023.
The preferred admission deadline for this cohort is May 15, 2023. Those interested should visit spertus.edu/north-america or contact Assistant Director for Recruitment Amie Barrish at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The program is also offered in an accelerated executive format for Jewish communal executives with 12+ years in the field. Those interested in this format can learn more at spertus.edu/executive. The next cohort of the Executive MA in Jewish Professional Studies begins in January 2024.
Spertus Institute is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission.
The MA in Jewish Professional Studies is a program of Spertus Institute's Center for Jewish Leadership, supported in part by a generous grant from the Crown Family. Spertus Institute is a partner with the Jewish United Fund in serving our community.
The application period is also open for the Certificate in Jewish Leadership, a three-month-long hybrid program presented by Spertus Institute in partnership with Northwestern University. Find out more >